OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Contest is intended for viewing and participation only by legal residents of Canada other than residents of the Province of Québec, and Canadian citizens abroad who are at least thirteen years of age at the date of entry into the Contest, and shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada. Please do not proceed if you do not satisfy these requirements at the time of entry. Entry into the Contest constitutes your (and your parent’s or legal guardian’s on your behalf if you are under the legal age of majority in your province of residence) full and unconditional acceptance of and agreement to be legally bound by these Official Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”).
1) ADMINISTRATION: The Contest is administered and operated by Hockey Canada (the “Contest Operator”). The decisions of the Contest Operator are final and binding in all matters as they relate to the Contest, including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entries.
2) ELIGIBILITY: This contest (the “Contest”) is only open to Canadian citizens abroad and residents of Canada who (at the time of entry): (i) have reached the legal age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence, or (ii) are between the ages of thirteen (13) and the legal age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence (individually and collectively a “Minor”) provided any such Minor’s parent/legal guardian has: (a) consented to his/her participation in the Contest; and (b) accepted and agreed to be legally bound by these Contest Rules on the Minor’s behalf. Entrants cannot be employees, contractors, or agents of the Contest Operator or a member of the immediate families of an employee, contractor, agent or representative of the Contest Operator or any of their respective affiliates, agencies or prize suppliers. Participants under the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence must provide contact information for a parent or guardian and that parent or guardian must claim the prize on their behalf. All entrants’ Instagram accounts must be set to “public” (i.e. an account where anyone can view or subscribe to your photos).
NOTE TO MINORS: The Contest Operator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, on a random audit basis to contact a Minor’s parent/legal guardian for the purposes of verifying his/her: (i) agreement to be legally bound by these Contest Rules on the Minor’s behalf; (ii) consent to the Minor’s participation in the Contest; and/or (iii) consent to the collection of the Minor’s personal information. Failure of a Minor’s parent/legal guardian to complete any such required verification to the satisfaction of the Contest Operator may, in its sole and absolute discretion, result in disqualification of the Minor.
3) PRIZES: There are two prizes available. The Contest Operator reserves the right to change the prizes without prior notice.
The prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable in any part for cash. No substitutions, except by the Contest Operator, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or any portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein, including, without limitation, taxes, travel, food and beverage expenses, shall be the sole responsibility of each prize winner.
4) CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 8 a.m. ET on March 31, 2017 and ends on April 7, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
5) HOW TO ENTER:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
To enter the Contest:
i) Follow Hockey Canada (@hockeycanada) on Instagram
ii) On each Team Canada game day during the Contest Period, Hockey Canada will instruct entrants to repost a photo;
iii) Entrants must repost the photo on Instagram, tag or mention @hockeycanada and include #WomensWorlds or #MondialFéminin in the caption
One entry per repost per Instagram account. Each reposted photograph that has been tagged @hockeycanada and #WomensWorlds/#MondialFéminin appropriately will constitute one entry.
All entries are subject to verification. The Contest Operator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to the Contest Operator to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification. Proof of uploading an entry is not proof of receipt by Contest Operator.
If you are submitting a photo(s) depicting a person other than yourself, you must first obtain the permission of that person or of his/her parent or legal guardian if said person is under the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence, to use their image. The onus for obtaining such consent rests entirely with the entrant, and the entrant indemnifies and holds harmless the Contest Operator against any and all claims arising out of the failure to obtain any such consent that may be required. The Contest Operator assumes no responsibility for obtaining such consent or for use of posted photographs.
By using Instagram through a wireless mobile device, standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your device. Other charges may also be applied by your wireless carrier. Proof of participation by wireless mobile device is not a condition of entry.
6) AWARDING OF PRIZES:
Between March 31 and April 7, 2017, submissions will be reviewed by the Contest Operator.
All entrants whom have successfully fulfilled the Contest requirements will be entered into a random draw.
Two (2) winners, one for each prize, will be privately selected by the Contest Operator on April 10, 2017 (“Selection Date”) at noon ET.
Contest Operator or its designated representative will make a minimum of two (2) attempts on the Selection Date to contact the selected entrant by private message on Instagram. If the selected entrant is unable to be contacted (i.e. does not respond to the contact attempts) within one (1) business day of the Selection Date, then he/she may be disqualified at the Contest
Operator’s discretion, and the Contest Operator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate entrant (in which case the date of this new selection shall become the Selection Date, and the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to the newly selected entrant). Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill testing question to be administered by phone, email or mail at a predetermined mutually convenient time.
7) ODDS: Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
8) SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS: Each part of the Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. The Contest Operator reserves the right to modify, withdraw, suspend or terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof, at any time without notice to participants and for any reason including, but not limited to an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Operator that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated in these Contest Rules. The decisions of the Contest Operator regarding any aspect of the Contest are final and binding on all contestants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of contestants and entries. The Contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
9) Privacy Statement: Personal information collected during the administration of the Contest, or any part of the Contest, will only be used in conjunction with executing the terms of the Contest as described in these Contest Rules. By entering any part of the Contest, you expressly consent to the Contest Operator and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, collecting and using the information you provide, including your age and contact information, to qualify you for the Contest and to contact you and provide ongoing service regarding the same.
10) MISCELLANEOUS: Entries received shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account. For purposes of these Contest Rules "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an Instagram account by Instagram. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Contest Operator with proof he/she is the authorized account holder of the Instagram account or email account associated with a winning entry.
In the event of a discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and condition of the English Contest Rules and disclosures of other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Contest entry form, French version of the Contest Rules, or other materials, the terms of the English Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read the Contest Rules and agree to abide by their terms and by the decisions of the Contest Operator, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest.
11) USE OF WINNER'S NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest all entrants hereby waive all moral rights protecting the entry in favour of the Contest Operator, and grant the Contest Operator the unlimited right (but not the obligation) to publish and use, without payment or other compensation and without notice, consent or approval, the entry, his/her name, photograph and likeness, address (city/town, state, province or territory), voice, and the whole or part of any statement or statements he/she has made or makes about the Contest or a prize in any publicity, program or advertising, without geographic limit and in perpetuity, in any medium now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, the Internet), and hereby consents unconditionally to any such publication or use without further notice, consent, approval or compensation. All entries become the exclusive property of the Contest Operator and will not be acknowledged or returned.
12) RELEASE: Before prizes are awarded, prize winners (or their parent or guardian where applicable) may be required to sign one or more declaration, publicity consent, waiver and release documents releasing the Contest Operator, and all of its directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from all liability of any kind, including without limitation any loss, damage, injury (including personal injury) or expense, in connection with this Contest or occurring as a result of any prize being awarded. By participating in this Contest, all participants declare that they have read, understood and complied with the Official Contest Rules, consent to the use of their name, biographical information and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation and otherwise in accordance with these Contest Rules, agree to abide by all decisions by the Contest Operator (which are final), and agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any liability in connection with participating in this Contest and/or any prize awarded.
13) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties shall not be liable for any damages caused or alleged to be caused by or resulting from: (i) any entry, prize or other correspondence or data that is lost, stolen, late, garbled, distorted, delayed, damaged or misdirected for any reason; (ii) any failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay; (iii) any e-mail, text or other communication sent to or received from the Contest Operator or any of its agents or designees, for any reason; (iv) any incorrect, untimely or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Instagram users or by equipment or programming errors associated with or utilized in the Contest; (v) any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of any entry or entries in the Contest; for problems with the function of any website or website feature (including, without limitation, Instagram or any features thereon), howsoever caused; (vi) the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data, software, online systems, servers or access providers; (vii) any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (viii) traffic congestion on the Internet; (ix) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; (x) breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or for any damage caused to or incurred by any entrant or any other person by reason of any such event or occurrence; or (xi) technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus, worm or Trojan Horse damage or any other damage which may limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest.
14) ERRORS: The Contest Operator is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Contest Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of any prize.
15) DISQUALIFICATIONS: The Contest Operator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Contest Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or to post inappropriate or demeaning material on the web page.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY ENTRY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST OPERATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL AND SEEK DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER REMEDY FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.