BRIDGEWATER, N.S. – Canada’s National Para Hockey Team opened its four-game series with a win, downing Korea 7-0 on Sunday afternoon at the Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre.
• Rob Armstrong (Erin, Ont.) and Zach Lavin (Essex, Ont.) led the scoring with two goals apiece.
• Tyler McGregor (Forest, Ont.) chipped in with a goal and a pair of assists.
• Branden Sison (Edmonton, Alta.) scored his first international goal
• Liam Hickey (St. John’s, N.L.) rounded out the scoring.
• Greg Westlake (Oakville, Ont.) contributed four assists and James Dunn (Wallacetown, Ont.) tallied three helpers.
• Dominic Larocque (Quebec City, Que.) turned aside six shots to record the shutout.
• Canada outshot Korea 38-6.
Canada vs. Korea – Tuesday, Nov. 16 at 9 a.m. ET/6 a.m. PT
All games can be livestreamed on HockeyTV without a subscription.
“We liked how many shots we were able to get and the amount of pressure we were putting on [Korea]. We might need to work on our defensive zone coverage a little bit, and work on tracking opponents, but that's why we are here playing these four games against Korea. I think we are going to continue to improve throughout the week.”
- Armstrong on the series opener
“I am really excited [to play on a line with Westlake]. Any time you can play with a guy with that kind of experience is obviously beneficial, and I hope I can learn a lot from him and just keep building that chemistry with Greg. We still have some stuff we need to work on as a line and as a team, but we will get back to practice tomorrow and keep dialing things in for our games.”
- Lavin on playing with Westlake
“I love playing any position, and this season I am just trying to enjoy every game. Playing with Lavin and Tyler [McGregor] today was great because they are such good players, and they make it easy create opportunities. It was fun to be out there, I love going on the hunt, I love trying to create opportunities for teammates and helping them score goals, and helping the team win.”
- Westlake on playing forward
For more information on Hockey Canada and Canada’s National Para Hockey Team, please visit HockeyCanada.ca, or follow through social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and by using #OurGameIsBack.