OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Contest is intended for viewing and participation in Canada only by legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) and shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada. Please do not proceed if you do not satisfy these requirements at the time of entry. Entry into the Contest constitutes your acceptance of these Official Contest Rules and Regulations.
1) ADMINISTRATION: The Contest is administered and operated by Boston Pizza International Inc. (“BPI”) and Hockey Canada (collectively, the “Contest Operator”). The decisions of the Contest Operator are final and binding in all matters as they relate to the Contest, including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entries.
2) ELIGIBILITY: There are two categories (each a “Category”) within the Contest:
UNDER 13 CATEGORY: To be eligible to win a prize in the “under 13” Category of the Contest, you must: (i) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) at the time of entry; (ii) have attained the age of majority in your province of residence on October 8, 2018; and (iii) be the parent or legal guardian of a child who is less than 13 years of age on October 8, 2018.
13 TO 18 CATEGORY: To be eligible to win a prize in the “13 to 18” Category of the Contest, you must: (i) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) at the time of entry; (ii) have attained the age of majority in your province of residence on October 8, 2018; and (iii) be the parent or legal guardian of a child who is at least 13 years of age and not older than 18 years of age on October 8, 2018.
For the purposes of these Official Rules and Regulations, the individual described in subsection (iii) of each Category description above shall be referred to hereafter as the “Child”.
Employees of the Contest Operator, any franchisee of Boston Pizza Canada Limited Partnership (“BPCLP”), Bauer Hockey LLC, and their advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. For the purpose of the Contest, “immediate family” is defined as parent, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
Grand Prize: There is one (1) grand prize to be won for each Category for a total of two (2) grand prizes (each, a “Grand Prize”), each consisting of one (1) trip for two (2) people to a 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship game (each a “Game”) to be held between December 26, 2018 and January 6, 2019 (location and date of Game to be determined by the Contest Operator). The Grand Prize includes: return economy airfare for the Grand Prize winner and his/her Child between the closest Canadian international airport to the Grand Prize winner’s home and the closest major airport to the city where the Game is being played; two (2) nights standard hotel accommodation (based on double occupancy at hotel selected by Contest Operator); airport transfers to and from the selected hotel; two (2) tickets to the Game; one Boston Pizza prize pack, consisting of Boston Pizza logo’d merchandise; a replica Team Canada hockey jersey; and a replica hockey mask of the Grand Prize winner’s winning design entry. Dates of travel will be during the month of December 2018 or January 2019, exacts dates to be determined by the Contest Operator (subject to change by Contest Operator). Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is CAD$2,000 (based on Saskatoon departure, may vary depending on city of departure). The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable and/or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Contest Operator in its sole and absolute discretion). Contest Operator reserves the right to adjust travel dates to accommodate airline schedules. All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein, including, without limitation, meals and drinks, gratuities, entertainment, luggage fees, health and travel insurance, transportation for the Grand Prize winner and his/her Child to and from the major airport nearest to his/her home, airport parking fees, taxes, and items of a personal nature shall be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner (NOTE: Winner may be required to present a valid major credit card in Grand Prize winner’s name at the time of hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses).
Prize Conditions: Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Grand Prize: (i) no substitutions except at Contest Operator’s option; (ii) the Grand Prize winner and his/her Child must travel on same itinerary; (iii) if the Grand Prize winner and/or his/her Child do not utilize any part(s) of the Grand Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Operator, be forfeited in their entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in their place; (iv) Contest Operator reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Grand Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute the Grand Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or prize component(s) of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Contest Operator’s sole discretion, a cash award; (v) all travel arrangements relating to the Grand Prize must be made through the Contest Operator or its designated agents; (vi) by accepting the Prize, the Grand Prize winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Grand Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part; and (vii) the Grand Prize winner must sign and return the Contest Operator’s release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating that the Grand Prize winner waives all recourse against the Released Parties relating to his/her and his/her Child’s participation in the Grand Prize (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto). Travel restrictions may apply. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Contest Operator, in its sole discretion. Grand Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Contest Operator.
4) HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Contest may be entered as follows:
(a) Grand Prize : To enter the Contest and have a chance to win a Grand Prize, you must, between October 8, 2018 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and November 7, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Grand Prize Contest Period”): (i) visit a participating Boston Pizza restaurant and obtain a contest colouring sheet from a server or hostess; (ii) have your Child design and colour the mask on the colouring sheet, without the assistance of any other person (Note: Each mask design must contain the Hockey Canada logo, a Canadian theme, and be an original design); (iii) complete the Contest entry form contained on the colouring sheet; and (iv) submit the completed colouring sheet to either any server at the participating Boston Pizza restaurant, or by email at: [email protected], or by mail to:
Attn: Design-A-Mask Contest Hockey Canada
400 Kipling Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M8V 3L1
(b) General: Every completed colouring sheet must be received by Contest Operator before the expiry of the Grand Prize Contest Period in order to be eligible to win a Grand Prize. Any entries received after the end of the applicable Contest Period will be ineligible for the corresponding prize.
(a) Grand Prize: At the end of the Grand Prize Contest Period, Contest Operator’s judging panel consisting of two Hockey Canada representatives, two Boston Pizza representatives, and the individual who will be painting each winning mask design onto an actual goalie mask, will select two entries from all entries received during the Grand Prize Contest Period for the “under 13” Category of the Contest, and two entries from all entries received during the Grand Prize Contest Period for the “13 to 18” Category of the Contest, to be considered as finalists for the Grand Prizes (the “Finalists”), based upon the judging panel’s assessment of which entries, in each Category, contain the best mask design considering the following weighted categories; 40% on overall theme, 30% on creativity, and 30% on artwork exhibited. On November 13, 2018, Contest Operator will display the two Finalists in each Category on Hockey Canada’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HockeyCanada/ and https://www.facebook.com/hockeycanadafr. Voting by the general public will be encouraged by the Contest Operator and BPI through social media and through their websites with a hyperlink to Hockley Canada’s Facebook pages. Only votes registered through Facebook will be considered eligible votes. The prospective winner for each Category will be the Finalist in each Category who receives the most votes on Hockey Canada’s Facebook page from November 21, 2018 until November 28, 2018. In the event of a tie in any category, the Contest Operator will go back to the judging panel to select a winner.
(b) Odds of Winning: The odds of being selected as a prospective winner are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries for each of the two Categories received by the Contest Operator or its agents during the Grand Prize Contest Period, the theme, creativity and artwork contained in each entry, and, with respect to the Grand Prizes, the number of people who vote on Hockey Canada’s Facebook page.
(c) Contacting Prospective Winners: The selected prospective winners will be contacted by Contest Operator via telephone and/or email within one (1) week of being chosen as a prospective winner of a Grand Prize. If a prospective winner is unable to be contacted after three (3) attempts by Contest Operator, he or she forfeits the Grand Prize, and another prospective winner may, at the sole discretion of the Contest Operator, be selected.
To be declared a winner, each selected prospective winner must:
(a) have entered the Contest in compliance with these Official Rules and Regulations and be eligible to win the Grand Prize, pursuant to these Official Rules and Regulations;
(b) sign and return within a designated time period a Declaration and Waiver in a form prescribed by the Contest Operator, confirming his or her acceptance and compliance with these Official Rules and Regulations and releasing BPI, Hockey Canada, Bauer Hockey LLC, BPCLP, each of BPCLP’s franchisees, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, governors, shareholders, affiliates, representatives, parent companies, subsidiaries, professional advisors, and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Contest, or any part of the Contest, including, without limitation, liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of the prizes as awarded, the administration of the Contest and the selection of any potential winners, with these Official Rules and Regulation, and a consent to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by the Contest Operator and Bauer Hockey LLC of the winner’s name, address, photograph likeness, voice or statements for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner; and
(c) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance.
The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded. Grand Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. The Grand Prize may not be substituted except by the Contest Operator, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or any portion of the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. By entering any part of the Contest, all entrants, should they win, agree to the use of their and their Child’s name, address (city only), photo, and/or image on videotape for publicity and promotional purposes without compensation. The Contest Operator reserves the right to disqualify any individual whom it finds in violation of these Official Rules and Regulations or tampering with the entry process. The Contest Operator reserves the right to refuse an entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter. Any attempt by anyone to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or any part of the Contest is in violation of criminal and civil laws and the Contest Operator reserves the right to seek damages or other legal remedy to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, or any part of the Contest, including but not limited to, errors in the advertising, these Official Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of the winners or the distribution of any prize. In addition, the Released Parties shall not be liable for any damages caused or alleged to be caused by any: (a) entry, prize or other correspondence or data that is lost, stolen, late, garbled, distorted, delayed, damaged or misdirected for any reason; (b) failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay; (c) e-mail, text message or other communication sent or received to or from the Contest Operator or any of its agents or designees, for any reason; (d) incorrect, untimely or inaccurate information, whether caused by users or by equipment or programming errors associated with or utilized in any part of the Contest; (e) technical or human error which may occur in the processing of any entry or entries in the Contest; (f) problems with the function of any website or website feature (including, without limitation any features thereon), howsoever caused; (g) malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data, software, online systems, servers or access providers; (h) functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (i) traffic congestion on the Internet; (j) security or privacy of information transmitted via telephone or computer networks; (k) breaches of privacy due to interference by third party “hackers” or for any damage caused to or incurred by any entrant or any other person by reason of any such event or occurrence; or (l) printing errors appearing in these Official Rules and Regulations or related Contest materials. The Contest Operator may terminate or withdraw the Contest without liability, at any time, at its sole discretion.
8) VOID IF ALTERED: Contest colouring sheets are void if illegible, altered or mutilated, and mask designs musts not include the intellectual property of any third party other than Hockey Canada. All contest colouring sheets are the property of the Contest Operator and none shall be returned. By submitting the colouring sheet to the Contest Operator, the individual submitting the sheet,
on his/her own behalf and on behalf of the Child, waives all copyright, trademark, moral rights and other proprietary rights associated with any design element appearing on the colouring sheet, and assigns those rights to the Contest Operator. The Contest Operator is not responsible for lost or late entries or entries that have been tampered with or are ineligible. All decisions of the Contest Operator shall be final and shall not be subject to appeal.
9) FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter: (i) have no way sponsored, endorsed or administered the Contest; (ii) are not associated or connected with any part of the Contest in any manner whatsoever; and (iii) are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter, which relates to the Contest. You understand that you are providing your information to BPI and Hockey Canada and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints will be directed to BPI and Hockey Canada and not Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are indemnified and held harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) for any claim related to the Contest including without limitation the publicity or administration thereof.
10) SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS: Each part of the Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. The Contest Operator reserves the right to modify or terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof, at any time without notice to participants. The Contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
11) PRIVACY STATEMENT: Personal information collected during the administration of the Contest, or any part of the Contest, will only be used in conjunction with executing the terms of the Contest as described in these Official Rules and Regulations. All collected personal information will be held at 400 Kipling Ave, Toronto ON, M8V 3L1. Individuals can access their personal information and make corrections by contacting [email protected]. By entering any part of the Contest, the Contest Operator, Bauer Hockey LLC, and Hockey Canada, may collect and use the information you provide on the colouring sheet, including your name, age and contact information as well as your Child’s information, to qualify you for the Contest and to contact you for the purposes of administration of the Contest. When providing your Child’s information, you represent that you have obtained his/her consent to doing so.