This April, Ottawa, our Nation’s Capital, is welcoming 8 international hockey teams to compete in the 2013 IIHF Ice Hockey Women’s World Championships. International teams from Canada, United States, Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, Russia, Germany and Czech Republic will be participating in this tournament here in Ontario.
This is a great opportunity for your school to be involved in this great event! The purpose of the Adopt a Country Contest is to:
• Connect your students in a meaningful way to the IIHF 2013 Women’s World Championships by introducing them to a participating team
• Promote the IIHF 2013 Women’s World Championships in the community by raising the profile of the event among your parents and students
• Give your school a chance to show off its ability to be enthusiastic, creative and extraordinary, not only to Ontario but to all the visitors from across Canada and the world who will be here throughout the tournament.
How this works:
Each class/school adopts one of the 8 participating teams. You then take part in some of the activities below that help showcase that country.
Your class can submit the project to the 2013 Women’s World Championship for the chance to win tickets to a 2013 Women’s Worlds game and the chance to have them showcased at the Venue or presented to the team.
Activities may include but are not limited to:
Big Beautiful Banners:
Your class/school can create banners that promote the IIHF 2013 Women’s World Championships and welcome the team you have chosen to adopt.
Your banner should be big (3’high by 6’wide is a good size):
Good Luck Letters:
Students are encouraged to write Good Luck Letters to the players of the team that their class/school has adopted.
Posters or Flags:
Each student can create their own smaller poster or flag for their adopted country.
Make a video or Slideshow on key aspects of your team’s country or just cheering them on:
• Other projects that teachers can take on in their classrooms include:
• Geography projects on the country your school has adopted
• Culture projects on the country that your school has adopted
Most importantly be creative and have fun! WOW us for your chance to win!
All submission should include the submission information sheet, CLICK HERE.
All submission should be received by March 20, 2013; Winners will be contacted by March 22, 2013.
Online submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can mail these project/entries to the Hockey Canada Ottawa Office and we will make sure that all players, fans and volunteers get to enjoy them.
Attn: Jennifer White
N204, 801 King Edward Avenue
For contest rules CLICK HERE.