Supporting the Hockey Canada Dream by
Promoting Passion, Participation, and Excellence in Our Game
The Hockey Canada Foundation Funding Cornerstones have been developed over
time based on the funding needs of Hockey Canada and the funding interests
of our supporters.
Skill Development & Qualified Coaching
- Developing fundamental player skills at all amateur hockey levels
- Providing qualified community based coaching programs and resources
Accessibility & Diversity
- Supporting continued growth of female and sledge hockey
- Recruiting new groups to the game
- Providing underprivileged youth with the chance to play
Health & Wellness
- Promoting lifelong health and wellness for participants
- Building life skills based on our core values of respect, responsibility, and pure enjoyment of the game
Athlete & Alumni Support
- Preparing amateur players to represent Canada in international competition
- Recognizing, preserving, and connecting Canadians to our rich hockey heritage
- Addressing issues related to our aging hockey facility infrastructure and lack of new capacity
Investing in the Future of Canadian Hockey
The Canadian Hockey Foundation provides a new source of secure, sustainable, long term funding to support
the future development and delivery of Hockey Canada programs, projects, and activities.
The Foundation accepts donations for the purpose of establishing and growing a selection of endowment and
general purpose Funds. Caring Canadians who want to give back to the game can now do so knowing their gift to
the Foundation will have an impact for generations to come.
Working with the Hockey Canada team, the Foundation puts gifts to work to help ensure Canada remains at the
forefront in the development and promotion of amateur hockey.
Making a Difference
Each year the Foundation provides funding for both current and next generation initiatives that…
- Make children’s first contact with hockey a safe and positive experience.
- Develop fundamental skills while introducing the principles of respect, fitness, and teamwork.
- Provide qualified community-based coaching resources for all levels and streams of hockey.
- Provide officiating to ensure fair application of the rules of the game and the safety of all
- Prepare players for higher stages of competition at the domestic and international level.
- Support the continued growth of female hockey, the fastest growing segment of the Canadian game.
- Educate players and parents about the core values of respect, responsibility, and pure enjoyment of our
Our volunteer leadership has been drawn from across Canada, reflecting both our constituency and the
national reach of the Foundation. Our Board of Directors has a wealth of business experience, a deep
commitment to the non-profit sector, and a singular passion for Canadian hockey.
The Foundation is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of corporate governance; we are committed to
honoring donor intent, employing prudent investment practices, and ensuring effective use of all funds under
Focus of Fundraising
Our fundraising strategy is focused on seeking financial support from a cross section of Canadians.
Current fund development initiatives include:
Endowment Campaign: A sustained major gift campaign aimed at growing a significant asset base that
over time will generate increasing levels of income that will be used to meet the future needs of Canadian
Special Events: To be held at different locations across the country to raise additional funds and
increase public awareness regarding the groundbreaking we are doing on behalf of Canadian hockey.
Planned Giving: Promoting the tax and estate planning benefits of leaving a legacy to Canadian hockey
through a bequest by Will or other type of future gift.
Corporate investment, government grants, and other opportunities will be integrated into our fund development
strategy where possible.
The Foundation seeks to develop lasting relationships with our supporters that are built on shared values,
interests, and needs.
The Foundation will serve our donors by:
- Acknowledging contributions in a timely, accurate, and appropriate manner.
- Recognizing generosity in meaningful ways, including appropriate public appreciation or anonymity if
- Reporting back in a consistent and accurate manner on the use, impact, and management of their gifts.
To learn more about the hockey Canada foundation or to explore the many different giving options or to make a gift to Canadian hockey...
Visit our web site at:www.hockeycanada.ca
Click here to go directly to the Hockey
Canada Foundation web page
Click Here To DONATE NOW
The Hockey Canada Foundation Registered Charity Business Number: 86549 4694